Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers Day weekend and Sean's Birthday

My wind chime from across the world!!
This is the girls favorite hideout... yes the dogs crate.. Let me tell you that it was one of the best investments ever!! It entertains Melissa for hours!!










Before and after pictures of Megan's haircut








Happy Birthday Daddy!!




Happy Mothers day Mommy!!









Every year we get the double whammy having to celebrate Mothers Day along with Sean's Birthday which is on the 12th. I say oh its MY Day and he says oh no its my Birthday weekend!! But in the end along with everything else that we do we manage to share the weekend hehe. Anyway it has been pouring out and our backyard looks like a pool and the wind has been howling and thanks Pam and Louie for my bamboo wind chimes, I love them and every time I hear them I think of you all !! Well Saturday we went to get Megan's haircut and went to celebrate mothers day and Birthday at the Cheesecake Factory (YUMMY)!! After over an hour wait we finally got seated but oh was it so worth the wait!! Sunday was a day of relaxation (We made Chili the night before) so it was a very easy fix for dinner. Yesterday Sean decided to stay home from work and I made one of his favorite meals, its called "Ropa Vieja" which means "Old Clothes" yes thats what it means yet it does not taste like that at all!! Its basically skirt steak that is seasoned and cooked pretty much all day long and shreds up so tender that it just melts in your mouth then it is served over white rice. Megan also requested tostones "fried plantains" which together makes a great meal!! Sean asked his grandmother and aunt over for dinner and I was very worried because they are very simple food people yet they LOVED it so I was very excited. Megan and I also made a pineapple upside down cake that was a nice change from regular birthday cake. Well we have some busy weekends to come with Birthday parties every Sat of this month along with me planning a garage sale on the 31st. Until next time.

No comments: